Tuesday 31 March 2015

Fancy Gadam - no no no for unsung category?



I was excited when I saw appeal for vote by Fancy Gadam and his fans on social media to secure him a nomination in the unsung category at the VGMA. This propelled me to confront him on the matter. In an interview, he admitted to posting the appeal for vote on social media.
He also stated that he had the highest number of vote as at 5:12pm on the 23-march-2014.
One could not help but realized his energy and surety to be nominated in the category. This is a young and a very talent artist who has won the heart of resident in Tamale including the young, the old and most specially the ladies with his artistic style and melody.
I was however surprise when the nominee list was out and his name was nowhere to be found. What could have made his leading votes drop to no count? I asked my self… Then these words pinched me in the brain. {People of Tamale Don’t like to Vote}
 Supporting our own has always been a problem, not that we don’t like our artist… we do!  We are not just ready to sacrifice for them.
Nice try Fancy Gadam…Hope to see you next year on VGMA stage….

The interview:

No comments:

Post a Comment