Tuesday 30 April 2013

Sarkodie’s comments concerning musicians in Tamale after the Rapperholic concert

Almost everybody in Tamale was happy when the news broke out that the BET award winner and the most influential musician so far in Ghana was bringing the Rapperholic concert to their city. However, the most excited ones where the musicians in the city, to them it was an opportunity to meet Sarkodie and to impress him so he could help them realize their dreams. Observations were made by Sarkodie regarding musicians in Tamale, especially those who meet him and those who shared the same stage with him and below are his comments… “Tamale is a nice place and I love the people here, I was very pleased with the way the people of Tamale received me.. like a brother and a son. Musicians are always my concern whenever I visit any city, one can never tell where the next Sarkodie will emerge from, and so I try to help talented musicians when I find them. However, I made some few observations during my visit to Tamale concerning the musicians I meet and those I shared the stage with. The first observation I mad which is very paramount to the development of every musician is that all the musicians I meet were lacking fortitude. They are talented but then they have not taken their time to master their art, so when they sing and perform a very important element is always absent. They need to do their own research and find out what makes great musicians who they are.. Another thing is creativity, I realized that most northern music sound the same, the beat, the raping and singing style.. Music is evolving and the only way to sell and get recognized is when you bring out something new. I started like everybody else but I was able to creatively start something new and the world is enjoying it. Moreover, I realized that northern musicians where not united that is why northern music is not reaching where it should be. The music industry of every city is the mother of all the musicians of that city.. if is not doing well then every musician in that city will not get the opportunity to shine. The music industry in Tema was weak until musicians came together and boosted it. Now Tema music is everywhere. I wish I could say more.. What I would want to add is an advice to my brothers and fellow musicians in the north.. They need to make good use of the media and also find a team to help them realize their dream.” My imaginary observations of Sarkodie concerning musicians in the North…………..

1 comment:

  1. its so much a good feeling knowing that what we have been making noise about for so long and even getting hated on for saying the truth has finally been noticed by Sarkodie...... Northern music has long been here before "Tema Music/boys" even thought of doing music..... We better wake up if we want to go somewher.... thumbs up

    ReplyDelete